Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels
Executive Office/HR Manager
US Office: 1-571-346-7607
UK Office: +44 1962 280161
Current Position Openings
Job Location: Winchester, UK
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation’s Discovery Center software is, quite simply, the most complete and mature solution on the market for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. A Gartner Cool Vendor with unparalleled experience for getting to grips with massive volumes of content, we are now starting to design and build the next generation of our product with a focus on highly scalable architecture that will allow us to target larger challenges from customers. This is an exciting time to join Active Navigation, with the opportunity to influence our technology choices and design decisions as we embark on this stage of our product development. We are expanding our product team to support the creation of our new platform and are seeking a software developer to join the established core team.
We value attention to detail in the design and performance of your code and most importantly you will demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with others in continual collaboration and improvement as part of a global multi-disciplined team. We operate an agile product development methodology utilising continuous integration and testing and are proud of our processes and technology but always looking to improve. The most exciting aspect of building our new platform is the opportunity to work with best of breed technologies to provide the scalability and performance we require. All team members are encouraged to keep up to date with new technology and best practice with time allowed for flexible training opportunities.
- Actively participate in all agile planning including stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Work with product management to understand functional and business requirements.
- Engineer high quality, maintainable and testable code using test-driven and behaviour-driven development techniques as appropriate.
- Maintain skill sets and staying up to date on emerging technologies.
- Participate with and support other team tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
Degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate (around 3 years) industry experience in software development
- Around 3 years commercial experience with C# and the .Net framework.
- Self-motivation with sound technical skills and strong interest in test and automated testing.
- Enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK.
Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies or techniques is a plus:
- A good understanding of test-driven development practices and development of automated unit tests using tools such as NUnit.
- Interest in modern architecture patterns for web based applications – cloud, SAAS, microservices
- Experience with “NoSQL” style database technology
- Behaviour-driven development techniques using tools such as SpecFlow.
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Working in our Service division the Service Consultant will assist our clients and partners in the successful deployment of our product. From understanding of customer needs and insights, to guiding the customer’s deployment of the technology. The right candidate will understand the needs of the key stakeholders and present the best use cases of the technology through their experience and knowledge of data management, software deployment and end-user training.
This position reports directly to the Service Manager.
- 2+ years of experience in the deployment and implementation of file analysis products such as Active Navigation’s Discovery Center, IBM Stored IQ, Micro Focus’s Control Point and / or other eDiscovery Solutions, Business Intelligence or other data centric technologies.
- Experience in problem-solving issues with document management and unstructured content management. Specifically, in rules-based analysis of metadata and textual information to facilitate client’s information governance and organizational efficiencies for unstructured data management.
- Knowledge of the evaluation of data and metadata in the scope of content analysis, indexing, search, track and report and understanding the process of identifying and prioritizing Enterprise needs and options surrounding unstructured data.
- The right candidate will have the ability to communicate strategies and processes around data at rest to cross an organization’s functional groups and senior levels.
- Communication Skills – Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively.
- Superior Excel Capabilities, knowledge of SQL and Windows server is desired.
- Open to travel extensively.
- Technical hands on required.
As a core member of our small services team the ability to provide consultative leadership and guidance to customers with their operational issues, business strategy, policies and practices is critical. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Consult with clients to assist in the design and implementation of our software solution; lead implementations through hands-on product deployment, client team training and facilitation
- Support business development activities by collaborating with the Sales and Pre-Sales divisions on product demonstrations, presentations, proposals.
- Maintain a high-level of technical expertise, industry knowledge and professional disposition.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and service excellence.
- Support partners enablement through product training and assistance.
- Maintain subject matter expertise capable of presenting at trade shows (incl. LegalTech, Gartner, ARMA, AIIM, etc.) and ‘C’ level Roundtables; author articles and white papers for industry trade publications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in consulting and deploying solutions for Information Governance.
Product Support Engineer (Second Line)
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK, and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Our Technology, Discovery Center, is a highly-capable software solution which is deployed across a wide variety of different organizations, each with their own unique challenges. As a small and fast-growing software company, customer satisfaction is close to our heart and we’re proud to say that our customers consistently say we’re one the best vendors they work with. Our product team provides this first-rate support and we are a seeking a capable and motivated product support engineer to increase capacity for new customers and, of course, further improve our service.
- Deliver second line (technical) support to our customers and partners and assist with first line help desk where needed.
- Coordinated with first line support and our product development team, reproduce, diagnose and fix second line issues to meet our service level agreement obligations.
- Develop expertise in troubleshooting and resolving problems with integration with our customers’ Microsoft stack environment.
- Assist in planning and successfully deploying our Discovery Center product to our customers.
- Support our development team in the build and maintenance of Discovery Center scale test environments.
Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in information systems, engineering, or a related subject, and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong technical foundation and experience in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (including Internet Information Server) and SQL Server technologies.
- Good written communication skills, especially for e-mail and office software products and customer ticket resolution.
- Disciplined and thorough approach to technical problem-solving.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the United States.
In addition to the above, exceptional candidates will have experience of:
- Software support or help desk environment either in an enterprise or software vendor environment.
- Windows virtualization and networking.