Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels
Executive Office/HR Manager
US Office: 1-571-346-7607
UK Office: +44 1962 280161
Current Position Openings
Job Location: Reston, VA, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as an emerging leader in the file analysis market. Currently have immediate job openings in our Reston, VA office.
Our newly renovated Reston offices offer proximity to metro, free parking, free gym access, and access to shopping and restaurants. You will find us to be collaborative, friendly, high energy and fast moving with a start-up culture.
This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be the lead in the creation of strategy, development and execution of marketing programs that increase pipeline, demand lead generation and nurture executive relationships. You will liaise with our Business Development team to effectively implement strategies.
This role will take you to industry events across North America and potentially internationally where you will have the opportunity to meet the influencers in our space and develop the relationships to succeed in your efforts. Your skills in public relations will be highly valued.
You will create innovative B2B inbound lead generation campaigns through multiple channels, including email, digital, SEO/SEM, “thought leadership” content distribution and industry events to generate new, qualified sales leads and to promote awareness of existing and new products.
You will have access to the latest MarTech tools to identify, engage, win and retain customers along every step of the customer journey, and across multiple channels.
Through your creative efforts you will ensure our company brand is represented effectively across all communications including the company web site, social media accounts print communication, and advertising.
A large part of your role will be to analyze and report on the effectiveness of all marketing efforts and campaigns, aligning their contribution to sales.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics: Marketing Manager
The candidate who will shine in this role will have:
- Strong communication skills – both written and presentation, with excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Adept at both traditional and emerging marketing and social media channels.
- Analytical skills with the ability to define and measure success metrics, forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Proficiency with cost-conscious budget development and management.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc., and the ability to manage in house and external design and agency resources.
- Expertise in MS Office products and ideally experience of SalesForce.com.
- Ability to engage with customers, create customer-centered success stories and customer advocacy campaigns.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in B2B marketing including PR, web content management and administration, market research, digital marketing tools, and creative tools.
- Experience managing external PR, communication and design consulting firms and contractors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
Minimum of 3 and more likely 5+ years’ experience in B2B marketing, preferably in marketing enterprise software industry, e-discovery, or information governance. Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends. Excellent communication and decision-making skills. Ability to work independently. Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies. This position requires travel.
Test Automation Engineer
Job Location: Winchester, UK
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation’s Discovery Center software is, quite simply, the most complete and mature solution on the market for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. A Gartner Cool Vendor with unparalleled experience of getting to grips with massive volumes of content, we have recently started to design and build a next generation architecture with a focus on creating a highly scalable architecture that will allow us to target larger challenges from our customers.
This is an exciting time to join Active Navigation, with the opportunity to play a key part in the testing of the Discovery Center application, helping to establish a strong testing methodology and infrastructure with a focus on reusability.
Our approach to testing combines extensive automated testing using SpecFlow in conjunction with traditional manual testing and the use of Selenium for user interface testing. Our development process is based on agile methodologies with testing carried out continuously.
We value attention to detail and enthusiasm for working with others in continual collaboration with an emphasis on continuous improvement to lead the evolution of our testing approach. All team members are encouraged to keep up to date with new technology and best practices with time allowed for flexible training opportunities.
Our office is in Winchester and we are supportive of flexible working with opportunities to work from home where appropriate.
A successful candidate will have prior commercial experience of test automation and will be ready to contribute in the following areas:
- Assist in refining acceptance criteria
- Manage and extend automated test plans and framework
- Work with product management and stakeholders to ensure that the product is aligned with customer requirements
- Participate with and support other team tasks to ensure successful project delivery
Essential skills and experience:
- Industry experience in commercial software testing
- Proficient in C# or related programming languages
- Self-motivation with sound technical skills
- Enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Exposure to Selenium for UI testing
- Experience of working with BDD tools e.g. SpecFlow
- Experience of reviewing and improving UI/UX as part of an agile delivery team
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Working in our Service division the Service Consultant will assist our clients and partners in the successful deployment of our product. From understanding of customer needs and insights, to guiding the customer’s deployment of the technology. The right candidate will understand the needs of the key stakeholders and present the best use cases of the technology through their experience and knowledge of data management, software deployment and end-user training.
This position reports directly to the Service Manager.
- 2+ years of experience in the deployment and implementation of file analysis products such as Active Navigation’s Discovery Center, IBM Stored IQ, Micro Focus’s Control Point and / or other eDiscovery Solutions, Business Intelligence or other data centric technologies.
- Experience in problem-solving issues with document management and unstructured content management. Specifically, in rules-based analysis of metadata and textual information to facilitate client’s information governance and organizational efficiencies for unstructured data management.
- Knowledge of the evaluation of data and metadata in the scope of content analysis, indexing, search, track and report and understanding the process of identifying and prioritizing Enterprise needs and options surrounding unstructured data.
- The right candidate will have the ability to communicate strategies and processes around data at rest to cross an organization’s functional groups and senior levels.
- Communication Skills – Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively.
- Superior Excel Capabilities, knowledge of SQL and Windows server is desired.
- Open to travel extensively.
- Technical hands on required.
As a core member of our small services team the ability to provide consultative leadership and guidance to customers with their operational issues, business strategy, policies and practices is critical. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Consult with clients to assist in the design and implementation of our software solution; lead implementations through hands-on product deployment, client team training and facilitation
- Support business development activities by collaborating with the Sales and Pre-Sales divisions on product demonstrations, presentations, proposals.
- Maintain a high-level of technical expertise, industry knowledge and professional disposition.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and service excellence.
- Support partners enablement through product training and assistance.
- Maintain subject matter expertise capable of presenting at trade shows (incl. LegalTech, Gartner, ARMA, AIIM, etc.) and ‘C’ level Roundtables; author articles and white papers for industry trade publications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in consulting and deploying solutions for Information Governance.
Product Support Engineer (Second Line)
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK, and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Our Technology, Discovery Center, is a highly-capable software solution which is deployed across a wide variety of different organizations, each with their own unique challenges. As a small and fast-growing software company, customer satisfaction is close to our heart and we’re proud to say that our customers consistently say we’re one the best vendors they work with. Our product team provides this first-rate support and we are a seeking a capable and motivated product support engineer to increase capacity for new customers and, of course, further improve our service.
- Deliver second line (technical) support to our customers and partners and assist with first line help desk where needed.
- Coordinated with first line support and our product development team, reproduce, diagnose and fix second line issues to meet our service level agreement obligations.
- Develop expertise in troubleshooting and resolving problems with integration with our customers’ Microsoft stack environment.
- Assist in planning and successfully deploying our Discovery Center product to our customers.
- Support our development team in the build and maintenance of Discovery Center scale test environments.
Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in information systems, engineering, or a related subject, and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong technical foundation and experience in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (including Internet Information Server) and SQL Server technologies.
- Good written communication skills, especially for e-mail and office software products and customer ticket resolution.
- Disciplined and thorough approach to technical problem-solving.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the United States.
In addition to the above, exceptional candidates will have experience of:
- Software support or help desk environment either in an enterprise or software vendor environment.
- Windows virtualization and networking.