Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels
Executive Office/HR Manager
US Office: 1-571-346-7607
UK Office: +44 1962 280161
Current Position Openings
Job Location: Reston, VA
Start: January 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation’s Discovery Center software is, quite simply, the most complete and mature solution on the market for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. A Gartner Cool Vendor with unparalleled experience for getting to grips with massive volumes of data, we have more than 50 active customers across the United States and a track record for success in some of the biggest organizations in the world.
Discovery Center is a highly-capable software solution which is deployed across a wide variety of different organizations, each with their own unique challenges. As a small and fast-growing software company, customer satisfaction is close to our heart and we’re proud to say that our customers consistently say we’re one the best vendors they work with. Our product team provides this first-rate support and we are a seeking a capable and motivated Pre-Sales Consultant.
Mentored by our VP Business Development, you will work closely with Sales Representatives, Account Executives, and Partners to qualify, manage, and assist in closing sales opportunities. You will also be pivotal in providing technical support and therefore will develop strong product knowledge and this, coupled with your excellent communication skills, will allow you to provide demonstrations to both Partners and Clients.
- Act as an integral part of the sales team providing high-level solution design throughout the project life cycle from pre-sales through to the point of delivery.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer’s business, structure, practices, challenges and requirements within the context of their industry.
- Develop an understanding and remain current on competitive solutions in the market.
- Collaborate on client and partner RFP/RFI responses.
- Work with and develop strong inter-departmental relationships especially; Product, Client Services and Development to create a virtual account team.
- Help ensure effective utilization of appropriate Active Navigation resources to progress all issues impacting revenue, new business and customer satisfaction.
- Present/lead functional demonstrations with the client.
- Develop, deliver and custom demonstrations and carry out Proof of Concept work.
- Participate in Customer Engagement Program.
- Report progress and risks to Management Team.
- Support product review activities where appropriate.
- Proactively build & maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge of products and remain abreast of planned product developments.
Candidate will have the following knowledge/experience related to corporate information systems and management:
- Knowledge of ECM principles ideally experience with use and potentially implementation of ECM system such as SharePoint, OpenText, Alfresco.
- General understanding of corporate information systems and management of information in corporate context including an appreciation of storage technologies, collaboration and sharing, e-mail management, messaging platforms and related legislative/regulatory drivers.
- Understanding of information management techniques including the use of metadata and business classification schemes, record keeping principles, information security and key drivers/requirements for e-discovery.
- Understanding of the principles of search technologies.
Candidate will have the following generic consulting skills:
- Meet with clients to determine requirements.
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project.
- Planning timescales and the resources needed.
- Clarifying a client’s system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business.
- Liaising with staff at all levels of a client organization.
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements.
- Developing agreed solutions.
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports.
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers.
- Organising training for users and other consultants.
- Being involved in sales and support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organisations.
In use of Active Navigation software products, consultant will have the following technical knowledge/skills:
- General troubleshooting for enterprise software including following technical documentation, interpretation of error messages and system logging and interaction with product vendor support.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Microsoft Windows technology including Windows Server and SQL Server. Ideally you will possess a level of technical proficiency in Windows client and server environments, along with an understanding of SQL Server, but this requirement is secondary to the ability of being able to extract requirements from clients and optimize potential revenues.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Excellent at building and maintaining customer relationships over time.
- 3+ years of experience in deploying Enterprise Solutions in a technical consulting environment.
- Windows server, SQL, networking, (Office) Power Point and Excel.
- Experience in the enterprise software market.
- Prepared to travel.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Library Science, CRM Certification or related field.
- Enterprise-level management consulting skills.
- Enterprise-level project management skills
- Proven ability to make decisions and recommendations on technology strategies.
- Proven ability regarding business analysis principles, conceptualization, problem solving skills and planning.
- Knowledge of the Information Management market for example in segments such as; ECM, DRM and/or Enterprise Search and Discovery technologies.
- Familiar with the principles of search query construction including design and use of complex Boolean expressions, use of keywords and pattern matching with regular expressions.
Job Location: Winchester, UK
Start: Late 2017
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation’s Discovery Center software is, quite simply, the most complete and mature solution on the market for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. A Gartner Cool Vendor with unparalleled experience for getting to grips with massive volumes of content, we are now starting to design and build the next generation of our product with a focus on highly scalable architecture that will allow us to target larger challenges from customers. This is an exciting time to join Active Navigation, with the opportunity to influence our technology choices and design decisions as we embark on this stage of our product development. We are expanding our product team to support the creation of our new platform and are seeking a software developer to join the established core team.
We value attention to detail in the design and performance of your code and most importantly you will demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with others in continual collaboration and improvement as part of a global multi-disciplined team. We operate an agile product development methodology utilising continuous integration and testing and are proud of our processes and technology but always looking to improve. The most exciting aspect of building our new platform is the opportunity to work with best of breed technologies to provide the scalability and performance we require. All team members are encouraged to keep up to date with new technology and best practice with time allowed for flexible training opportunities.
- Actively participate in all agile planning including stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Work with product management to understand functional and business requirements.
- Engineer high quality, maintainable and testable code using test-driven and behaviour-driven development techniques as appropriate.
- Maintain skill sets and staying up to date on emerging technologies.
- Participate with and support other team tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
Degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate (around 3 years) industry experience in software development
- Around 3 years commercial experience with C# and the .Net framework.
- Self-motivation with sound technical skills and strong interest in test and automated testing.
- Enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK.
Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies or techniques is a plus:
- A good understanding of test-driven development practices and development of automated unit tests using tools such as NUnit.
- Interest in modern architecture patterns for web based applications – cloud, SAAS, microservices
- Experience with “NoSQL” style database technology
- Behaviour-driven development techniques using tools such as SpecFlow.