Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels
Executive Office/HR Manager
US Office: 1-571-346-7607
UK Office: +44 1962 280161
Current Position Openings
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
In this role, we are looking for just the right individual who shares our desire to be part of something bigger than themselves and possess a passion for your craft. If you can see yourself in our future, read on.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be the lead in the creation of strategy, development and execution of marketing programs that increase pipeline, demand lead generation and nurture executive relationships. You will liaise with our Executive and Business Development team to effectively implement strategies.
You will create innovative “thought leadership” content to build our B2B inbound lead generation campaigns using multiple channels, including email, digital, SEO/SEM, and events to generate new, qualified sales leads and to promote awareness of existing and new products.
You will have access to the latest MarTech tools to identify, engage, win and retain customers along every step of the customer journey, and across multiple channels.
Through your creative efforts you will ensure our company brand is represented effectively across all communications including the company web site, social media accounts print communication, and advertising.
A large part of your role would be to analyze and report on the effectiveness of all marketing efforts and campaigns, aligning their contribution to sales.
This role will take you to industry events where you will have the opportunity to meet the influencers in our space and develop the relationships to succeed in your efforts. Your skills in public relations will not be unused.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics: Marketing Manager
The candidate who will shine in this role will have:
- Strong communication skills – both written and presentation, with excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Adept at both traditional and emerging marketing and social media channels.
- Analytical skills with the ability to define and measure success metrics, forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Proficiency with cost-conscious budget development and management.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc., and the ability to manage in house and external design and agency resources.
- Expertise in MS Office 365 products and SalesForce
- Ability to engage with customers, create customer-centered success stories and customer advocacy campaigns.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in B2B marketing including PR, web content management and administration, market research, digital marketing tools, and creative tools.
- Experience managing external PR, communication and design consulting firms and contractors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
Minimum of 3 and more likely 5+ years’ experience in B2B marketing, preferably in marketing enterprise software industry. Ideally, we would like someone with experience in Information Governance, Information Security, Records Management or related fields.
Business Development Representative – Intern
Job Location: Reston, VA
Start: Summer 2018
Job Type: Part Time Internship
Are you motivated to join a professional sales organization and have the desire to be a part of a growing, successful, high performing team? If so, Active Navigation is just the right place for you.
As an intern in our Business Development Department, you will gain quality experience and training in a professional sales environment.
Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Throughout this internship you will be given exposure to lead development, consultative selling, and follow ups.
This position reports directly to the VP of Business Development.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Work on sales focused projects as assigned
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest in the company product
- Routing qualified leads to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Recruit prospects to attend online or live events
- Ensure that Salesforce contains accurate account details and contact information for customers and prospects.
- Ability to self-manage time and multiple ongoing activities
- Great team player
- Demonstrate good oral and excellent written communication skills
- Have a genuine interest in the field of Sales and personality to match (e.g., outgoing, assertive, goal-oriented)
- Possess excellent research skills
Candidates should be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Library Sciences, Information Systems, Technology Management, Business or Marketing.
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the United States.
Job Location: Winchester, UK
Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation’s Discovery Center software is, quite simply, the most complete and mature solution on the market for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. A Gartner Cool Vendor with unparalleled experience for getting to grips with massive volumes of content, we are now starting to design and build the next generation of our product with a focus on highly scalable architecture that will allow us to target larger challenges from customers. This is an exciting time to join Active Navigation, with the opportunity to influence our technology choices and design decisions as we embark on this stage of our product development. We are expanding our product team to support the creation of our new platform and are seeking a software developer to join the established core team.
We value attention to detail in the design and performance of your code and most importantly you will demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with others in continual collaboration and improvement as part of a global multi-disciplined team. We operate an agile product development methodology utilising continuous integration and testing and are proud of our processes and technology but always looking to improve. The most exciting aspect of building our new platform is the opportunity to work with best of breed technologies to provide the scalability and performance we require. All team members are encouraged to keep up to date with new technology and best practice with time allowed for flexible training opportunities.
- Actively participate in all agile planning including stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Work with product management to understand functional and business requirements.
- Engineer high quality, maintainable and testable code using test-driven and behaviour-driven development techniques as appropriate.
- Maintain skill sets and staying up to date on emerging technologies.
- Participate with and support other team tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
Degree in computing or a related subject, or commensurate (around 3 years) industry experience in software development
- Around 3 years commercial experience with C# and the .Net framework.
- Self-motivation with sound technical skills and strong interest in test and automated testing.
- Enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK.
Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies or techniques is a plus:
- A good understanding of test-driven development practices and development of automated unit tests using tools such as NUnit.
- Interest in modern architecture patterns for web based applications – cloud, SAAS, microservices
- Experience with “NoSQL” style database technology
- Behaviour-driven development techniques using tools such as SpecFlow.