Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels
Executive Office/HR Manager
US Office: 1-571-346-7607
UK Office: +44 1962 280161
Current Position Openings
Job Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready for your next challenge? Active Navigation is a fast-growing Gartner Cool Vendor with offices in the USA, UK and Australia. Clients and Partners look to us to provide software solutions for the discovery and governance of enterprise unstructured information. Our people are driven by making a difference. Our culture is people oriented with an emphasis in team work, investment in skills and building capabilities; with a personal commitment by every member of the staff to develop and master their subject matter.
Working in our Service division the Service Consultant will assist our clients and partners in the successful deployment of our product. From understanding of customer needs and insights, to guiding the customer’s deployment of the technology. The right candidate will understand the needs of the key stakeholders and present the best use cases of the technology through their experience and knowledge of data management, software deployment and end-user training.
This position reports directly to the Service Manager.
- 2+ years of experience in the deployment and implementation of file analysis products such as Active Navigation’s Discovery Center, IBM Stored IQ, Micro Focus’s Control Point and / or other eDiscovery Solutions, Business Intelligence or other data centric technologies.
- Experience in problem-solving issues with document management and unstructured content management. Specifically, in rules-based analysis of metadata and textual information to facilitate client’s information governance and organizational efficiencies for unstructured data management.
- Knowledge of the evaluation of data and metadata in the scope of content analysis, indexing, search, track and report and understanding the process of identifying and prioritizing Enterprise needs and options surrounding unstructured data.
- The right candidate will have the ability to communicate strategies and processes around data at rest to cross an organization’s functional groups and senior levels.
- Communication Skills – Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively.
- Superior Excel Capabilities, knowledge of SQL and Windows server is desired.
- Open to travel extensively.
- Technical hands on required.
As a core member of our small services team the ability to provide consultative leadership and guidance to customers with their operational issues, business strategy, policies and practices is critical. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Consult with clients to assist in the design and implementation of our software solution; lead implementations through hands-on product deployment, client team training and facilitation
- Support business development activities by collaborating with the Sales and Pre-Sales divisions on product demonstrations, presentations, proposals.
- Maintain a high-level of technical expertise, industry knowledge and professional disposition.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and service excellence.
- Support partners enablement through product training and assistance.
- Maintain subject matter expertise capable of presenting at trade shows (incl. LegalTech, Gartner, ARMA, AIIM, etc.) and ‘C’ level Roundtables; author articles and white papers for industry trade publications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in consulting and deploying solutions for Information Governance.