Staying ahead in a global market takes great people and we’re looking for new minds and ideas to drive us on. If you think you’ve got what it takes then introduce yourself to us by sending your CV to:
Bonny M. Daniels Executive Office/HR Manager US Office: 1-571-346-7607 UK Office: +44 1962 280161 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Position Openings
US Federal Software Sales Executive – Civilian
Job Location: Reston, VA Job Type: Full Time
Active Navigation is a world-class, market-leading file analysis software used for content discovery, compliance, classification and ongoing governance by leading commercial and government organizations across the globe. We are looking to add a highly motivated US Federal Software Sales Executive to our team. As a member of our Federal Sales team, you’ll join a fast-growth start-up with significant customers and pipeline to hit the ground running and help execute on our domestic sales strategy.
We’re looking for proven, high-performance individuals with experience selling software and/or SaaS products to federal agencies, especially within the DoD and DHS communities. If you’re a seasoned sales professional who is excited to work in a complex government environment, while helping define key strategic and operational initiatives, we’d love to speak with you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales goals through full sales cycle management from prospect creation, value proposition, negotiation and deal closure
- Prospect and identify potential organizations and decision makers/influencers in those organizations to target for the company’s products, working with our SDR team to harness set meetings as needed
- Pitch Active Navigation’s file analysis software and other tools, to identified leads (SDR/Marketing generated) and identify potential opportunities for new business
- Successfully manage and overcome objections and move opportunities through the pipeline to close
- Build and manage a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet/exceed sales objectives and key performance metrics
- Ensure strong client/prospect communication and follow-up by documenting all designated calls-to-action, follow-up dates, complete profile information, lead source, and prospect interaction in the CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Develop a solid working knowledge of our software suite (Discovery Center) to determine what problems they solve and the benefits they provide to potential customers, mapping needs to use cases where possible
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales activity throughout the sales cycle in our CRM system (Salesforce.com) to ensure effective pipeline and lead management, accurate forecasting, deal history, and competitive activity for tracking and management reporting
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, Sales Engineers and peers to meet assigned targets, particularly demoing and POCs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Seven plus years of experience selling software or SaaS solutions, ideally within the file analysis, information governance, ECM, auto-classification, eDiscovery or related fields
- Possess existing government relationships with information governance, IT, and/or procurement personnel in order to fast-track potential sales and accelerate ongoing sales currently in the pipeline
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales quota
- Proficiency in prospecting, qualifying, developing, managing and closing business with complex procurement cycles
- Experience in multiple procurement approaches include direct with sole source and GWAC schedules, indirect using partner contract vehicles, and through partner reseller agreements
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, and time management skills with strong ability to actively listen and determine customer needs
- Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to make a positive connection with people in person/over the phone
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- BS or BA level degree in business or a related field preferable
Sales Executive Skills and Qualifications:
Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Energy Level, Negotiation, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Creativity, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.