Date(s) - 05/23/2018
9:00 am - 11:30 am
PLATINUM CONFERENCE ATTENDEES ONLY – Clean-up and remediation of shared drives is a challenge for information managers, but it doesn’t have to stay that way! In this highly interactive workshop, you will learn to link functional classifications to retention schedules, develop departmental file plans and create use-specific semantic schemes. You will work in teams to define business rules, structure decision trees, work through an actual shared drive clean-up effort and apply business rules to shared drive samples, exploring the kinds of issues and decisions you’ll be forced to navigate back in your organization.
Upon completing this seminar, you will be able to:
• Describe functional classification structures and their importance for the information management life cycle
• Define business rules and decision trees you can use to assess digital content and make consistent, defensible decisions for deletion, migration or quarantine for further assessment
• Identify digital content that requires special consideration or must be assessed as a collection
• Identify decision bottlenecks, metadata evaluation rules, duplicate file and version conundrums and other challenges of unclassified content
• Develop taxonomies for special classification cases to apply business rules consistently and effectively
*Pre-approved for 2.5 ICRM Certification Maintenance hours. Please use ICRM’s pre-approval code 20180117170515 upon submitting for credit.